National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
Our community has recently experienced tremendous suicide loss in a short amount of time. Suicide loss often brings intense grief and can bring out many emotions that can be overwhelming, heart-wrenching, and all-consuming. At the same time, there could be guilt or shame, wondering if you could have done something different. These feelings are intense and normal.
As a community, we want to remind you that you are not alone. If you are struggling, there is help and support available. Please see the available resources below.
· Call 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (1-800-273-8255 line still available, Veterans Line, option 1) or Text LISTEN to 839-863
· Mobile Crisis Response Team Call (775) 688-1670
· NAMI Warmline call (775) 241-4212
· Nevada Teen Text Line (775) 296-8336
· Family Support Center 775-623-1888
· HGH Behavioral Health Clinic 775-375-1299
· Rural Clinics 775-623-6580
· The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: offers one on one support for survivors of loss. https://afsp.org/ive-lost-someone
· Rise Wellness: holds a hybrid in-person and virtual SOSL group
· Monica Gonzales, Hope/Grief Circles 775-229-1807
· Hope Tree at FCAA 775-623-9003
· Grief Share at United Methodist Church, 775-623-2814
September is Suicide Prevention Month! Please join us for our Walk-In memory Walk in Hope on September 10, 2022.
safeTALK is a half-day training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognize a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources that can help them choose to live. Participants don't need any formal preparation to attend the training- anyone age 15 and older who wants to make a difference can learn the safeTALK steps.
For upcoming training, please visit the Training Section.
Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter filled with hope and help for those in need.
Copyright © 2019 Humboldt Connection Suicide Prevention - All Rights Reserved
Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 1-800-273-8255